Friday, October 2, 2009

Socialized Medicine Makes Me Sick

I'm psyched that more and more people are coming around and realizing that the Dems Universal Healthcare Plan is simply BAD NEWS. Even more encouraging stats came out today.

I got a raging sinus infection this week. I'm no wuss but I thought I would have to call Sigourney Weaver to kill the alien that was about to burst from my forehead. I got a doctors appointment (I LOVE my doctor.) and went and sat in the waiting room for about 30 minutes to see her. As I suffered through each minute, I thought, my God, what will this be like when we're all on this mandatory public health plan. Sitting in a waiting room for hours and hours like they do in Canada and Great Britain.

I got called in to see my fantastic doctor. She spent as much time as I needed talking to me, examining me, counseling me on the medication she was prescribing me. With the public health plan, this poor woman wouldnt have this kind of time. She'd be churning out people like an assembly line, throwing government approved medicines at us. Knowing my doctor, she'd refuse to provide that type of care and she'd have to apply her talents some other field of business.

Next I went to the pharmacy. It was packed. I waited with about 10 other people for 25 minutes to get my prescription. I knew it would be 10 times worse with the public health plan.

I thought to myself, what if it wasn't just me, standing here in misery, wanting so badly to get my medicine, go home, go to bed and get better. What if I was here with a sick baby who was suffering and crying and begging to feel better as we sat in the waiting room for 6 hours waiting for treatment.

Furious, I called Harry Reid, one of the idiot Democrats who is still trying like hell to push this public plan through (despite the will of his constituents) and I gave his voicemail a piece of my mind. This is America. What the hell are they doing trying to force us all into health plans that we dont want. Plans that will cause our quality of care to decline considerably (just ask Great Britain) and for what - so illegal immigrants get free healthcare, so that people who choose tricked out tires over health insurance will be covered, so people who sit on their butts all day while I go to work dont have to pay???

Ludicrous. Call your reps and give them a piece of your mind. Start with dimwit Harry Reid. Here's his #: 202-224-3542.

No comments: