Friday, April 17, 2009

Let Them Drink Tea!

By this point, you'd think that there was nothing the media could do that would surprise us anymore. It's no secret that their collective brain views Obama as the second coming and that all the real estate between New York and L.A. is populated by banjo-picking hayseeds. They no longer hide their agendas like they once attempted to do in the interest of preserving some semblance of journalistic integrity. Their opinions and goals are now clearly spelled out. So then why was I so surprised at how the liberal media viewed the tea partiers? Why was I surprised when they called us "racists" and "hicks" and "puppets of FoxNews?" Why was I surprised when they started using teabagging jokes about us in their newscasts?

At first, I was pissed. I sat down, cracked my knuckles and got ready to type up some hatemail to all those so-called news networks. But then I realized something. When a person starts throwing out those kinds of labels, it's because they have nothing else intelligent to say. It's like a kid arguing with another kid on the playground and then calling him "Fat."

By calling all the tea partiers "racists" and "hillbillies", you don't have to do the work to investigate the true reason behind the protests. These journalists could have spent some time actually listening to people and comprehending this activism but that would take too much time and effort. It's easier just to slap some derogatory label on the whole thing and hop back on a plane to the Hamptons.

1 comment:

Pi said...

I do find that odd about so many liberals I know...Why is it that they only preach love and respect when they agree with you? Reminds me of a pro-life rally I went too...I had coat-hangers thrown at me...fun...